The menu at Hofbrauhaus is full of "Sch" words. Make sure you get them straight before you order. You certainly wouldn't want to get a schnicklefritz instead of a schnitzel.
Match the German word with its translation:
1. A naughty boy (see the words to Ist das nicht ein Schnitzelbank)
2. Roast pork loin
3. Pork, pounded thin, breaded and sauteed.
4. German dark rye bread
5. A cobbler's bench that rather mysteriously provides the inspiration for a children's song
6. Pork shank, roasted with the skin on
7. Tasting plate (At Hofbrauhaus, it's a smoked pork chop, roast pork, roasted half chicken, mashed potatoes, fried cabbage and sauerkraut)
8. Pastry of apples rolled inside thin dough
9. Pork tenderloin
Beer's potential remains on tap
Food goes way beyond wurst
Learn these, or you'll order schnitzelbank
Prepare yourself for singalongs
KNIPPENBERG: Knip's eye view
Tell us if you've traded spaces
Learning survival scales
One-woman show tells story of apartheid
The Early Word
Get to it!