Saturday, April 27, 2002

Woman saved from funeral home fire




The Cincinnati Enquirer

        MILFORD — Firefighters and police used an aerial ladder to rescue a woman from the second floor of Evans Funeral Home after a fire early Friday.

        There were no injuries.

        “She was awakened by the alarm system,” Milford Community Fire Department Chief John Cooper said.

        The blaze was sparked by a malfunctioning light fixture.

       



Coleman dies for his crimes
For Coleman, death came gently
Seder meal finished in memory
Boycott groups talk of joining forces
Camp has teens feeling solidarity with homeless
Funds sought for police co-op
Groups pitch in to pitch trash
Program honors nursing at Mount St. Joseph
Tristate A.M. Report
Uniforms required in district
- Woman saved from funeral home fire
MCNUTT: Neighborhoods
RADEL: Jazzman's jazzman
SAMPLES: At the show
THOMPSON: Faith Matters
Teens hurt in wreck in Monroe
Butler Co. water rate fight ends
Commissioner leads in campaign funds
Festival looks backward to lives of early America
Hamilton schools called most improved
Hometown Hero: Retiree still tireless
Man sentenced for stealing checks
Talawanda bond issue seeks $53.9 million
Two students win Lazarus awards
Election could change direction of Ohio court
Somali immigrant seeks answers months after business shuttered
Judges uphold teacher's transfer
Keep mares away from caterpillars, farmers told
Kentucky News Briefs
Ky. House, Senate still far apart
Louisville plant to close
Miners debate water rules
Principal threatens to shut critical paper
UK's medical center to test smallpox vaccine for military
University says legislator meddling with its budget