1. The Hurricanes: Twelve games, 12 wins, zero doubters. Well done.
2. Michael Jordan: We admit it, if grudgingly. Scoring 30,000 points does sort of speak for itself.
3. Florida: Everything about the state is better now that Steve Spurrier is gone. Of course, that'll be moot here in about five seconds when the Bucs hire him. Godspeed, Sunshine State!
4. The Twins: Naming a manager was absolutely the right thing to do. Our guess is there'll be a whole lot of new Minnesota fans this season.
5. Pro Bowl voters: Good job! No Bengals. Good job! Tom Brady.
1. The Miami RedHawks: Twenty-three points in a game? Eight in a half? On TV? Good thing Winton Woods isn't on the schedule.
2. The BCS: Nebraska was a great pick. That'll look even worse when the Texans make Oregon's Joey Harrington the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft.
3. Fox Sports: You have Michigan State and Fresno State lighting up the scoreboard in the Silicon Valley Classic, when suddenly ... Columbus Blue Jackets action! What, did you lose the tape of Heidi?
4. Kenyon Martin: Two ejections already this season, not to mention bad timing. Friday's scrap with Tracy McGrady came as former RedHawk Wally Szczerbiak was scoring a career-high 37 points and Xavier grad James Posey was putting up 28. Hey, K-Mart: This is the NBA, not Friday Night Fights. That's just not cool.
5. The Heisman Trophy: It's nice to have on the shelf, but when you get right down to it, it means nothing. Sorry, Huskers.