1. Reds: Just when everyone was ready to start calling them the Dreds, they show some life. Jim Bowden has been bashed all season long, but the Todd Walker for Alex Ochoa trade looks pretty good right now. The lineup, which was lifeless, is fun to watch and is scoring runs.
2. Reds again: For not trading away any more veterans on the deadline day. That's not to say it won't happen in the offseason.
3. The Giants: They made some strong moves at the trading deadline. That makes them the team to fear in the National Leauge West heading down the stretch.
4. Tennis Masters Series Cincinnati: (Actually we still call it the ATP). The always-strong field got stronger when it was announced Boris Becker was joining the doubles draw. The fact that he's playing Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic and it's his first ATP event since 1999 makes it even stronger.
5. Randy Walker: The former Miami coach is only in his third year at Northwestern and his team is picked to win the Big Ten.