1. Ron Harper: Harpo, the former Miami star, is about to win another NBA ring his fifth. After missing the last 34 regular-seaon games and barely playing early in the playoffs, Harper provided the Lakers with a huge lift Wednesday night.
2. Jerry Carroll: Give the man credit for vision. He drew 70,338 people Saturday night to what, up until three years ago, was a tobacco field. It's one thing to recognize the popularity of NASCAR; it's another to pounce on it.
3. Summer-league basketball: You can see the best players from XU, UC, NKU and Miami for $1. Added bonus now that it's at Oak Hills: You don't have to sit in a sauna to see it.
4. The Cintas Center: It had a major boxing show Saturday night. Next week, it hosts one of the best wrestling tournaments (real wrestling, not WWF) in history.
5. Adam Dunn: He's hitting home runs at roughly the same rate as Barry Bonds. Bring him up. Play him as much as possible. Let him soak up the atmosphere and learn the rest of the time.