1. Hamilton: Getting the baseball team and the softball team in the state Final Four in one year rates as one of the great moments in Big Blue sports. And there have been quite a few.
2. Alan Webb: The high schooler from Virginia single-handedly has put the United States back in the world picture on middle-distance running by breaking Jim Ryun's high school mile record. Best of all, Webb sounds like a regular kid.
3. Adam Dunn: The Reds want to take it slow with this kid. But his bat is so fast, they may not be able to. He's 22 and he's dominating a league ruled by 30-year-olds.
4. Bob Crable: The homegrown hero takes over at Moeller. He says it's his dream job. Watch out what you wish for. The last football coach at Moeller won eight or nine games a year and got forced out.
5. The Mariners: They just keep on winning. You have to wonder if they'd being doing so well with Junior, A-Rod and the Big Unit.