1. Jose Rijo: He's our all-time favorite Red. Whether he makes it back or not, bless his heart for trying. You've got to think that if his elbow is close to sound, he's as good as half the pitchers in the majors.
2. Randy Johnson: The Big Unit was larger than ever in striking out 20 Reds Tuesday. He was so good the Reds were marveling about him after a heartbreaking loss. And shame on baseball for not recognizing 20 Ks in the record book because it was an extra-inning game.
3. Major-league hockey: Nothing like Game 7 of an NHL playoff series going into overtime. With all these great series, maybe they can get a 2.0 rating.
4. The Lakers: Guess that Kobe-Shaq feud wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Shaquille O'Neal is playing as well in the playoffs as anyone since Michael Jordan.
5. The Flying Pig: Great event. Raised a lot of money. Made a lot of people happy.