1. Barry Larkin: Looks like the old guy can hit leadoff. Makes you wonder why Jack McKeon didn't make the move last year. If he had, he might still have his job.
2. The Reds rotation: One trip through the rotation doesn't prove a lot. But if Osvaldo Fernandez stays healthy and Chris Reitsma is as good as he looked, the Cardinals have something to worry about.
3. Duke: Who knew the Dookies had heart? We always thought of them as a bunch of smart guys with lots of talent. But this year's bunch got by on guts.
4. Women's basketball: It got more attention than ever around here, thanks to Xavier, and TV ratings were up nationally.
5. New Cinergy Field: The place is beautiful. A real ball yard. Buy those outfield red seats and enjoy the views and the games.