(This week/Last week)
1. (5) Icy Sparks, Gwyn Hyman Rubio (Penguin; $13.95). Girl in '50s with Tourette's syndrome; Oprah's Book Club.
2. () My Dream of You, Nuala O'Faolain (Putnam; $25.95). Successful travel writer living in London returns to her Irish roots.
3. (2) Scarlet Feather, Maeve Binchy (Dutton; $25.95). Family epic centers on two working-class chums.
4. (4) 1st to Die, James Patterson (Little, Brown; $26.95). Four women work together on serial killer case; first in a series.
5. () The Vendetta Defense, Lisa Scottoline (HarperCollins; $25). Legal thriller involving a crime in Philadelphia.
6. (3) We Were the Mulvaneys, Joyce Carol Oates (Plume; $13.95). The disintegration of a family after a daughter is raped; Oprah's Book Club selection.
7. (7) The Red Tent, Anita Diamant (Picador; $14). New view of Dinah, who appears briefly in the Book of Genesis.
8. (1) The Bonesetter's Daughter, Amy Tan (Putnam; $25.95). Story is told from two (mother, daughter) perspectives.
9. (9) The Girl with a Pearl Earring, Tracy Chevalier (Plume; $12). Novel uses Vermeer's portrait as a starting point.
10. () The Brethern, John Grisham (Island; $7.99). Two judges and one justice of the peace plot scam from jail.