1. Hal Morris: A .300 hitter and a class act. And, as far as we know, the only baseball player in history to use the word erudite. The Reds ought to do something to honor him this summer.
2. UC: With this team, that was a great run. The Bearcats, undermanned and outsized, hung with Stanford. Now, hold your breath while Kenny Satterfield decides to stay or go.
2. UK: Ditto what we said about UC. This was a great run for this team. And the comeback against USC was something to watch. And ditto, again: Hold your breath while Tayshaun Prince decides to stay or go.
4. Elder: The Panthers go back to state. Win or lose, no team in town draws fans like Elder. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy than coach Joe Schoenfeld.
5. Cinergy Field: Who knew the big bowl on the river could be transformed into a ballpark? The green grass, closer seats, spectacular views of Mount Adams and the Ohio River, and the big wall in center make it worth the price of admission.