1. Florida State: Nice effort. Zero points on offense. Here's a clue for Grandpa Bowden: You're allowed to throw passes of less than 40 yards.
2. The BCS: It got the national champion right (by luck) but it renders the New Year's Day bowls meaningless.
3. Tackler Celebraters: Guy stops someone for a 3-yard gain and he prance like he won the Super Bowl. What officials ought to do to discourage that is show the player on the jumbo screen with this beneath it: You made a tackle, buddy! Sixty-two of them will be made during the game! Get a grip!
4. CBS: We know Survivor: The Australian Outback follows the Super Bowl. But we're beginning to think the game itself is just a prelude to the drama in the outback. Enough of the promos.
5. St. Louis Cardinals: Way to go. Signing Bobby Bonilla is the best thing that's happened to the Reds this offseason. Bobby B. likes the card table to be set in the clubhouse about the seventh inning.