Sunday, January 16, 2000
Top 50 North American amusement parks
The 50 most popular amusement parks in North America during 1999, with rank and attendance:
1. The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.), 15.2 million.
2. Disneyland (Anaheim, Calif.), 13.45 million.
3. Epcot at Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.), 10.1 million.
4. Disney MGM Studios at Walt Disney World (Lake Buena Vista, Fla.), 8.7 million.
5. Disney's Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World 8.6 million.
6. Universal Studios Florida (Orlando), 8.1 million.
7. Universal Studios Hollywood (Universal City, Calif.), 5.1 million.
8. Sea World Florida (Orlando), 4.7 million.
9. Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay, Fla.), 3.9 million.
10. Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, N.J.), 3.8 million.
11 (tie). Knott's Berry Farm (Buena Park, Calif.), 3.6 million.
11 (tie). Sea World California (San Diego), 3.6 million.
13. Universal Studios Island of Adventure (Orlando), 3.4 million.
14. Paramount's Kings Island, Mason, 3.32 million.
15 (tie). Cedar Point, Sandusky, 3.3 million.
15 (tie). Morey's Piers (Wildwood, N.J.), 3.3 million.
17. Six Flags Magic Mountain (Valencia, Calif.), 3.2 million.
18. Six Flags Great America (Gumee, Ill.), 3.1 million.
19. Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (Santa Cruz, Calif.), 3 million.
20. Paramount's Canada Wonderland (Maple, Ontario), 2.9 million.
21. Adventuredome at Circus Circus (Las Vegas), 2.8 million.
22. Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington, Texas), 2.7 million.
23. Knott's Camp Snoopy (Bloomington, Minn.), 2.6 million.
24. Six Flags Over Georgia (Atlanta), 2.5 million.
25. Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio), 2.4 million.
26. Hershey Park (Hershey, Pa.), 2.34 million.
27. (tie). Dollywood (Pigeon Forge, Tenn.), 2.3 million.
27. (tie). Busch Gardens the Old Country (Williamsburg, Va.), 2.3 million.
29. Paramount's Kings Dominion (Richmond, Va.), 2.2 million.
30. Six Flags Marine World (Vallejo, Calif.), 2.1 million.
31. Silver Dollar City (Branson, Mo.), 2.06 million.
32. Six Flags St. Louis (Eureka, Mo.), 2.05 million.
33. (tie). Paramount's Carowinds (Charlotte, N.C.), 1.9 million.
33. (tie). Six Flags Astroworld (Houston), 1.9 million.
35. Paramount's Great America (Santa Clara, Calif.), 1.8 million.
36. Six Flags Darien Lake (Darien Center, N.Y.), 1.704 million.
37. (tie). Six Flags America (Largo, Md.), 1.7 million.
37. (tie). Sea World Texas (San Antonio), 1.7 million.
39. Casino Pier (Seaside Heights, N.J.), 1.61 million.
40. (tie). Six Flags Elitch Gardens (Denver), 1.6 million.
40. (tie). Riverside Park (Agawam, Mass.), 1.6 million.
42. Legoland California (Carlsbad), 1.45 million.
43. (tie). Sea World Ohio (Aurora), 1.4 million.
43. (tie). Dorney Park (Allentown, Pa.), 1.4 million.
45. Kennywood (West Miffin, Pa.), 1.38 million.
46. Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (Louisville), 1.3 million.
47. Knoebels Amusement Resort (Elysburg, Pa.), 1.25 million.
48. Lagoon (Farmington, Utah), 1.23 million.
49. Geauga Lake (Aurora, Ohio), 1.2 million.
50. Laronde (Montreal, Quebec), 1 million.
Source: Amusement Business
Jaywalking ticket leads to suspect in store clerk's killing
Parent alert on sex education
Thermal-imaging camera is firefighter's lifeline
The dream came true
Martin Luther King Day events
Remaking Sycamore Hill
Council to vote on grant for Mount Auburn company
Kings Island No. 1 park in Ohio
Top 50 North American amusement parks
Ohio GOP chiefs send mixed signals
'Honeymoon' over, Taft stays the course
Boat, travel show downtown
Centers join transplant coalition
Cincinnati Habitat not joining Tristate affiliates
Fernald panel backs process
DOE saluted for listening
New trauma system in works
Queen City's moments to shine reflected in book
Turfway's attendance rising
They're dancing with the voters
Clooney hopes to inject some 'live' into television
Clooney won't be upset if he doesn't return to 'ER'
Flying Cloud returning
Fun 'Arthur' leaves young fans singing
GET TO IT
Lopez-Cobos marks 500th with concert 'Lohengrin'
Open captioning has come
Poet putting haiku all over the town
Seton Hall refurbishing complete
'Sopranos' family values hit at least one sour note
At Sundance, a declaration for independents
With the Internet, it's too easy to disconnect
Even Sarah picks 'bums'
Time for Trixie's artwork is over
Antique show priced for everyone
Boy, 7, struck by train
Butler drug sweep nets 16 arrests
Cities consider skate park
Doctor released after court decides his trial was unfair
Leading the pig parade
Middletown considers bicycle park
New 'Civil War' comes to Aronoff
Police fighting confiscated gun law
Powerful lobbyists join forces, raise profile
Requests juggled at NKU
Schuler in line for GOP chairmanship
The war on manure